Frequently asked questions about Aquapel glass treatment.
How long will Aquapel Glass Treatment last on a vehicle?
Lasts six (6) times longer than other rain repellent glass treatments.
Lasts for months, under normal driving conditions.
How does it work?
PPG�s proprietary hydrophobic glass treatment adheres to glass, forming a chemical bond. Increases contact angle of water, causing it to bead and easily shed off glass.
How much time does it take to apply?
Applies in minutes to a clean, dry windshield.
How is it different from other rain repellent products?
Fluoropolymer vs. silicon wax-based chemistry.
Chemical bond actually adheres to glass. Lasts at least six times longer, more durable performance.
Will Aquapel Glass Treatment remain effective after:
- Going through a car wash?
- Using a squeegee and blue water cleaner?
- Using common ammonia-based cleaners?
Yes, yes, yes. Aquapel Glass Treatment will last.
What is Aquapel Glass Treatment's effect on windshield repairs?
Treatment will not migrate into a new crack.
Current testing by leading windshield repair suppliers on performance over resin repairs offers no concerns.
How do I sell and market Aquapel Glass Treatment?
- Value-added service promotes safety; Aquapel Glass Treatment offers driver clearer vision.
- Need to refurbish product in months brings opportunity for repeat business.
- Sell to commercial and fleet accounts.
- New car dealers - Apply to every vehicle sold or leased as a new customer care service.
- Talk to insurance industry customers as a value-added service.
- Emergency vehicles, utility companies, and any commercial fleet where safety is important.
Not to be used as a substitute for wiper systems.
Use our Contact Form to request more information about installing Aquapel Glass Treatment.
Contact Aquapel at 1-800-861-4999 (for U.S. and Canada Only), 1-412-995-6487 (for International), or Contact Us.