Frequently asked questions about Aquapel glass treatment.
How long will Aquapel Glass Treatment last on a vehicle?
Lasts six (6) times longer than other rain repellent glass treatments.
Lasts for months, under normal driving conditions.
How does it work?
PPG’s proprietary hydrophobic glass treatment adheres to glass, forming a chemical bond. Increases contact angle of water, causing it to bead and easily shed off glass.
How much time does it take to apply?
Applies in minutes to a clean, dry windshield.
How is it different from other rain repellent products?
Fluoropolymer vs. silicon wax-based chemistry.
Chemical bond actually adheres to glass. Lasts at least six times longer, more durable performance.
Will Aquapel Glass Treatment remain effective after:
- Going through a car wash?
- Using a squeegee and blue water cleaner?
- Using common ammonia-based cleaners?
Yes, yes, yes. Aquapel Glass Treatment will last.
What is Aquapel Glass Treatment's effect on windshield repairs?
Treatment will not migrate into a new crack.
Current testing by leading windshield repair suppliers on performance over resin repairs offers no concerns.
How do I sell and market Aquapel Glass Treatment?
- Value-added service promotes safety; Aquapel Glass Treatment offers driver clearer vision.
- Need to refurbish product in months brings opportunity for repeat business.
- Sell to commercial and fleet accounts.
- New car dealers - Apply to every vehicle sold or leased as a new customer care service.
- Talk to insurance industry customers as a value-added service.
- Emergency vehicles, utility companies, and any commercial fleet where safety is important.
Not to be used as a substitute for wiper systems.
Use our Contact Form to request more information about installing Aquapel Glass Treatment.
Contact Aquapel at 1-800-861-4999 (for U.S. and Canada Only), 1-412-995-6487 (for International), or Contact Us.